I have over two decades of teaching experience. I have taught throughout Europe and the U.S. at places like UW-Madison, UIUC, Boston Conservatory, Brown University and at various other places in Germany, Spain and Turkey. I am a dance historian and critic, Roma scholar, Flamenco historian and peace activist and have taught a variety of these courses in Higher Education, as well as worked in various socio-economic environments with a diverse student body.
I have training in working with Dancers with disabilities as well as teaching dance to the elderly, creative dance for children, dance history, dance writing and dance for dementia. I have offered dance classes to refugee and asylum seekers in various parts of Europe and have also taught at local dance studios and pre-professional training programmes throughout the UK and abroad. I am available for lecture-demonstrations, talks, lectures and for other consultancy work.
- Coventry University, Learning Support Dance Assistant
- PEOPLE Program Summer Instructor College Enrichment Instructor UW-Madison
- Lecture/Demonstrator World Dance Conference UW-Madison
- Dance Appreciation 105 (85 students –Lecturer and TA) UNM-Albuquerque
- Flamenco 169 ( 30 Students Teaching Assistant) UNM-Albuquerque
- Lecture/Demonstrator: World Dance Conference Madison, WI
- Flamenco Instructor JWYU OUTREACH Program Madison, WI
- Flamenco Guest Artist JWYU Dance Co. Tour Madison, WI Office
- MSCR Flamenco Instructor/Educator Madison School District Instructor Workshops for adults, Four Week Session
- Arts Coordinator/Instructor Neighborhood House Community Center
- Ballet Instructor/Assistant Story Book Ballet Dance Academy
- Flamenco Guest Artist Grand Opening of Overture Center Theater
- Dance Instructor Project BOOTSTRAP
- Dancer SMARTDANCE-Dance Co. Madison, WI
- Flamenco Choreographer/Dancer Allison Rootberg Dance Co.
- Flamenco Dancer La Carboneria Tablao Seville, Spain